Introduction to EViews course
A one day course for new users of EViews.
- What is EViews?
- The notions of workfile and object in EViews.
- Data entry and handling in EViews. EViews databases.
- Creating, editing, freezing and exporting graphs.
- Descriptive statistics and tests. Statistical analysis of time series.
- Stationarity and non-stationarity; notion of unit roots; testing for unit roots in EViews.
- Differencing series.
- Brief introduction to programming and series transformation in EViews.
- Example univariate linear regression- The Classical Linear Regression Model, estimation techniques (OLS and GMM), diagnostic tests, stability tests, solutions to mis-specification problems.