Quantec has a 20 year consulting background in the field of econometric and statistical analysis, providing statistical forecasting and risk modeling services on a regular basis. We require best-of-breed data management and analysis tools to manage and process our data in order to deliver quality results to our customers.
Statistical, econometric and forecasting software
Quantec UK is the distributor for a wide range of statistical and econometric software packages in the UK, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. The focus of our software products is on econometric analysis, statistical analysis, data management & analysis, statistical forecasting, risk modeling, and graphic capabilities.
EViews 10 — With its combination of power and ease-of-use, EViews 10 is the ideal package for anyone who works with time series, cross-section, or longitudinal data. With EViews, you can quickly and efficiently manage your data, perform econometric and statistical analysis, generate forecasts or model simulations, and produce high quality graphs and tables for publication or inclusion in other applications.
RATS 8.3 — RATS is used worldwide by economists and others for analysing time series and cross sectional data, developing and estimating econometric models, forecasting, and much more.
Qualities we look for in a software package
- Timely support and updates — Bug fixes and upgrades to leverage new hardware performance gains are critical.
- Innovation, novel ideas and features — Each new major software release introduces many new features that will simplify your work flow.
- Reliable and robust — Well written software that runs smoothly.
- Ability to leverage the power of multi-core computing systems Time is money. Speed improvements are essential.
- Perpetuity and commitment — Serious backing by major corporations and academic institutions ensures a healthy long-term outlook for further development and support.
- Community and endorsement — Numerous text books have been published for EViews.
- Simplicity, a complete solution — Nobody enjoys discovering that the software package they purchased is missing crucial modules. A software package should be a complete working system without a web of 100s of extension modules.
- Ease-of-use — Even though econometric and statistical analysis are advanced tasks, the learning curve of the software user interface should be intuitive and well documented.