Terms and conditions
- These Terms and Conditions ("the Terms and Conditions") govern your ("the User") use of the Quantec Research Ltd ("the Provider") website located at the domain name www.quantec.co.uk including any page, part or element thereof ("the Website") and any content, information, data, indices, graphs, links, commentary or the like (“Content”) and any goods or services supplied by the Provider on the Website or on account of the User’s use of the Website (“the Goods or Services”). By accessing and using the Website and the Content and Goods or Services offered thereon, the User agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. IF THE USER DOES NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IT MUST LEAVE THE WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY, AS FURTHER USE WILL AUTOMATICALLY BIND IT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- The User agrees that its use of the Website is for lawful purposes only and agrees that it will not use this website for any unlawful purpose, including committing a criminal offence, gaining unauthorised access to other computer systems, or transmitting unlawful material.
- Access to the Website from territories or countries where the Content or purchase of the Good and Services is illegal is prohibited. The User may not use this Website in violation of any export laws and regulations. If the User accesses this Website from locations outside of United Kingdom, that User is responsible for compliance with all local laws.
- Save as provided for in the Terms and Conditions, the User may not access, display, use, download, and/or otherwise copy or distribute Goods or Services obtained on the Website for marketing or any other purposes without the prior written consent of the Provider.
- The private information required for any purpose, including executing the orders placed through the e-commerce facility, and which may include the User's personal information and credit card details, delivery address and telephone numbers will be kept in the strictest confidence by the Provider and not sold or made known to third parties. Only the necessary information, that is the delivery address and contact phone number will be made known to third parties delivering the Goods or Services.
- The Provider undertakes that it has taken all reasonable precautions to secure the credit card processing that is carried out to receive payment for the Goods or Services. The Provider cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring on the User's electronic device (Computer or other electronic device used to browse the Website), which may result due to the lack of adequate virus protection software or spyware that the User may inadvertently have installed on its device.
- The price payable for the Goods or Services is the price stated on the Website, unless otherwise agreed to in writing. Unless stated otherwise in writing, all prices are exclusive of delivery charges and VAT and any similar duties, taxes or charges that may be payable.
- The Provider reserves the right at any time to amend the prices for the Goods or Services. The Provider reserves the right to withdraw or revise a quotation at any time prior to its acceptance of any order by the User and the Provider reserves the right to add to or discontinue any Goods or Services without notice.
- Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, payment is required in full when placing an order for Goods or Services.
- All transactions in the United Kingdom will be processed in Pound Sterling. Foreign transactions outside the United Kingdom will be processed in United States Dollars (US$). The Provider accepts credit card payments via the Website and on request will supply our banking details should the User wish to make payment via EFT or direct deposit.
- Returns / Refund Policy
- The Goods or Services may not be returned unless the incorrect Goods or Services have been supplied or rendered by the Provider or the Goods and Services are materially damaged or faulty. If the wrong Goods or Services have been supplied or rendered, or if the Goods or Services are materially faulty or damaged, the Provider will exchange such Goods or Services on condition that the User returns the Goods or notifies the Provider of any faults with the Services within five working days after receipt of such Goods by the User or such Services being rendered to the User. In such an instance, the Provider will make a reasonable effort to exchange the Goods or Services upon receipt of the returned Goods or such notification in respect of the Services, but if replacement is not possible, the Provider will refund the purchase price including delivery cost upon receipt of the returned Goods or Services.
- The Provider will supply all Goods to the delivery company in good order and thereafter the User bears all risk in respect of such Goods. The Provider will not be held liable for the condition of Goods arriving at the User's chosen delivery address.
- The Provider reserves the right to cancel an order for which payment has already been received. This may occur if stock is insufficient or the quality of Goods or Services ordered does not meet the Provider's standards. Should the Provider exercise this right, the User will receive a full refund with no deductions.
- The User is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of any order for Goods or Services submitted to the Provider provided that minor variations to the specifications which, in the Provider’s sole opinion, is necessary or desirable, will not constitute a breach by the Provider nor impose any liability on the Provider.
- Any complaints regarding the standard and quality of the Goods or Services should be directed to the Marketing Manager.
- Intellectual Property Rights
The Provider provides certain information on the Website. Content currently or anticipated to be displayed on the Website is provided by the Provider, its affiliates and/or subsidiary, or any other third party owners of such content. All rights of copyright and any other intellectual property rights in respect of such proprietary works, and the compilation of the proprietary works, belong to the Provider, its affiliates or subsidiary, or any other third party owner of such rights ("the Owners"), and is protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property laws (where applicable). All rights in and to the Website, the Content and the Goods or Services are reserved and retained by the Owners. Except as specified in the Terms and Conditions, the User is not granted a license or any other right in or to the Website, the Content and the Goods or Services.
- Limited License to General Users
- The Provider grants to the User, subject to the further terms of the Terms and Conditions, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and revocable right to access, display, use, download and otherwise copy the current and future Content for personal, non-commercial and information purposes only.
- The Website and the Content may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, resold, visited or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express prior written consent of Provider. This license does not allow the User to collect product or service listings, descriptions or other information displayed here, and does not allow any derivative use of this Website or the Content for the benefit of another merchant. The User may not frame nor use framing technologies to enclose the Website or the Content nor any part thereof without the express written consent of the Provider.
- The Provider and the Owners, their affiliates or subsidiaries reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit the Content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion. The Providers reserve the right to make any changes to the Website, the Content, or to Goods or Services offered through the Website at any times and without notice. Any unauthorised use terminates this license with immediate effect.
- Security Policy
- Virtual Card Services (VCS) process all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site's registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and the Provider that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
- VCS is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems. The Merchant does not have access to credit details. Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
- Limitation of liability
- The Website, the Content and the Goods or Services, including any current or future offer of Goods or Services, are provided on an "as is" basis, and may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Neither the Provider nor any holding company, affiliate or subsidiary makes any warranty or representation as to the availability, accuracy or completeness of the Website, Content or the Goods or Services. Neither Provider nor any holding company, affiliate or subsidiary of Provider, shall be held responsible for any direct or indirect special, consequential or other damage of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred, related to the use of, or the inability to access or use the content or the Website or any functionality thereof, or of any linked website, even if Provider is expressly advised thereof.
- The Provider nor any holding company, affiliate or subsidiary makes any warranties, whether express or implied, in regard to the Website, the Content or the Goods or Services. Without limiting the aforesaid, the Provider (nor any holding company, affiliate or subsidiary) does not warrant that the Website or any files that may be downloaded from it are free of viruses, worms, trojan horses or any other code that has malicious, contaminating or destructive properties.
- The User assumes all responsibility and risk for the use of the Website, the Content and the Goods or Services. The Provider shall not be liable for any loss, injury, damage, cost, penalty or claim resulting from the use of the Website, the Content or the Goods or Services, whether direct or indirect, and whether or not the Provider has been advised of or has knowledge of the possibility of such loss, injury, damage, cost, penalty or claim.
- The User hereby indemnifies the Provider and holds it harmless against any and all liability, loss, damage, penalty, cost or claim of whatsoever nature suffered by any third party or the User in relation to any act or omission by the User in relation to the Website, the Content and the Goods or Services and the use thereof by the User, and/or arising from the provisions of the Terms and Conditions.
- The Provider is not responsible to the User for its failure to perform, for defective performance or any delay in performing any obligation under the Terms and Conditions if such failure or delay is caused by a force majeure event, which shall mean any circumstance which is beyond the reasonable control of the Provider, including, but not limited to, terrorism, war, revolution, invasion, insurrection, strike, lockout or other industrial action, riot, civil commotion, mob violence, sabotage, blockage, embargo, boycott, the exercise of military or usurped power, fire, explosion, drought, storm, lightening, flood, wind, rain, epidemic, quarantine, acts or restraints of government, imposition of restrictions or embargoes on imports or exports, communication line failures or power failures. If the force majeure event results in impossibility of performance, the Provider may terminate any contract upon notice to the User who shall not be entitled to recover any damages. If the force majeure event does not result in impossibility of performance and only delay, the Provider shall be entitled to the time within which to perform any obligation, provided that if the force majeure event lasts for more than 90 (ninety) days, the Provider may terminate any contract upon notice to the User who shall not be entitled to recover any damages.
- Updating of these Terms and Conditions
The Provider reserves the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to the Website. It is the User's obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User's continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User's acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
- Choice of Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and the User consents to the jurisdiction of English Courts.
- The headings used in the Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and have no interpretative value.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to give effect to the intent of these Terms and Conditions, and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Provider and the User with regard to the use of the content of the Website, the Content and the Goods or Services unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
- By using the Website or communicating with the Provider by electronic means, the User consents and acknowledges that any and all agreements, notices, disclosures, or any other communication satisfies any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be in writing.
- No waiver by the Provider of any breach, failure or default in performance by the User and no failure, refusal or neglect by the Provider to exercise any right or to insist upon strict compliance with the Terms and Conditions, shall constitute a waiver of the provisions of the Terms and Conditions.
- The User shall hold in confidence all confidential information received from the Provider and not divulge this information to any person.
- No amendment or modification of the Terms and Conditions shall be valid or binding unless in writing.
- Contact Information
Any questions, queries or requests to use any part of the Website, can be directed to:
- Quantec Research Ltd
- Physical address:
37 Treadwell Road
- Email: info[at]quantec.co.uk
- Tel: +44 7432 597939